Thursday, May 7, 2009

WTF has hit me?

Okay so here I was bragging so much about how good this little boy is to his mamma and suddenly the 3rd trimester blues hits me with a curve ball. Yesterday morning my alarm went off and I couldn't for the life of me, move my body from the bed. Hubby was in the bath with Morgan - washing her hair etc etc and I was just lying there feeling like an anesthetised elephant. Body so heavy and sore and all I wanted to do was sleep. I dragged myself out of bed, felt horribly nauseous, slowly and steadily lowered myself into the bath [picture a truck backing up], lay back and stayed there ... just could not move - completely lame. Then it dawned on me .... I don't have to go to work if I'm feeling like this surely? I mean I have a boss who is an absolute darling - especially considering he's a man. So instead of cleaning my body I climbed back out the bath still wearing yesterday's make-up - put pj's back on and climbed back under the covers - getting up only once more to plait daughter's hair. After the usual morning rush for school, suddenly ... silence. Bliss!!!! I made a toasted sandwich and flicked through countless channels before feeling too sleepy so decided to have a quick catnap. Well so much for that - I checked my watch upon waking and it was 12:30pm!!!! Oh crap! time to get up again, have a proper bath, get a couple of groceries, pick up kids from school etc etc. and through it all I was not feeling much better at all but this morning I started feeling a little more like myself.
In saying that - I sit here now at 12:40pm and feel like dogshit again - my mind is a blur and all I want to do is sleep. My body is starting to feel heavy and lame again. What gives???

At my last gynae app. I told him I thought my iron levels were low so he ordered a haemoglobin test and said he would call if there was a problem. well I never got the call but can't help feeling that there is in fact a problem with my iron levels. I'll wait it out the next few days and see if there is an improvement otherwise I'll put in a call. I just don't like feeling shitty like this cause it makes for one MOTHER F GRUMPY pregnant woman and I HATE being moody with my family - my kids deserve better and my husband? ....well he just takes it personally which ends up just making me more damn tired!!!


UPDATE** Okay just called dr's rooms and asked her to give me the results of the haemoglobin test - she said they had come back on the low side and I told her I had another "episode" yesterday and today feeling really crappy. Dr will call me just now - she said he will more than likely up my vitamin dose.. Anything to make me feel better although I must say I'm a little peeved at having to wipe their asses to get my results!!

3 comments:

Martie xxx said...

Thats bloody bullshit. You should ask them why the hell you must call!!

I am so sorry that you feel this way. I remember feeling lke that and I dont even have otehr kids, I can just imagine what you must be going through!

Hope doc can sort it out and that you feel like your old self in no time! xxx

Tamara said...

I know what you mean...
Washing dishes and making a bed is A WHOLE ACHIEVEMENT for me atm :/
I feel so damn lazy all the time and I take a nap in the afternoon but 2 hours later I am dead tired again :( Hang in there friend... we are almost there ! And THEN ... we will be MORE tired :D

xoxoxo

Irene said...

hehehe Tammi - I agree but like I said to hubby - when baby is here the tiredness is not from the inside and you can get help :o)

Marthie - hope you are keeping well - yes you're right it does suck - I got a call yesterday afternoon for a script for iron sups so clearly there was a problem - I'm going to fetch them today - really hope it helps cause I can't imagine working another six weeks like this