Monday, May 25, 2009

33 Weeks today!!

Wow - who would have ever thought I would reach this point so soon. Over the last few days its dawned on me and suddenly I will just stop in my tracks and pure terror will wash over me at the thought of the actual birth and life thereafter.
Will my c/s go according to plan or will I end up being a statistic?
Will my baby be "normal" and will he be able to see and hear?
Will he have colic?
Will I be able to breastfeed?
Will he like me?
Will I find a nice name (something I am nowhere near doing)?
Will I last until the actual c/s date? I have the same gut instinct that I did with my daughters that this baby will not wait until then - will I make it to the hospital in time or go into labour and be faced with a home VBAC??
Will his room be finished in time?

HOLY CRAP - Im a mess aren't I??? And now I have a splitting headache.

Apart from all those questions plaguing me I am still sleeping very well at night - except for the frequent bathroom trips. For the last few years I have had such interrupted sleeps and once woken cannot go back to sleep easily at all. I suddenly find myself returning from the toilet and sleeping soundly the minute my head hits the pillow. I'm loving it!!! I'm relishing it!! because I know in a few short weeks baby will be making his tiny little presence felt throughout the house at all hours of the morning. Bless him! - as much as it all terrifies me I feel like a kid before christmas - I know my present is under the tree and I WANT IT NOW - I can't wait to meet you little man .... just please promise me that you will not give me any unexpected surprises until your room and everything else is ready for you...

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Almost there my friend ! It's all getting very exciting now hey ?
Not long now *\o/*

xoxoxo

Nikki said...

You;ll be fine. We always are.

I can't wait to "meet" the little man.

Nix
XOXOXO

Paula said...

I will personally come drag you to hospital and lock you up there if you mention VBAC again! That there is one of my future SIL's missy (I also have an eye on Nix and Marthie's sons..) and good boys are hard to find! (wink wink!) Enjoy the time remaining! xoxo

Irene said...

lol@Paula ... I'll guard him with my life

Chez said...

U took me back to a funny incident - couldn't help but share it with you!

I too was so worried whether baby could hear so I found out purely by accident! Daddy dear was in one of those deep sleeps, those ones that annoy and irritate you because you cant sleep and then to TOP it off he started snoring!!!!! And I mean SNORING!!!!! I tried to stop him with a soft nudge, then a little harder, then a kick, then a slap and then when I could no longer stand it I screamed UH UH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well............ I dont know who got the biggest fright because daddy woke and so did the little bump in my tummy, I felt his little arms and legs swing wide open and he literally jumped outta my stomach. I couldn't stop giggling and at the same time feel sorry for him as I accomplished the absolute impossible - it stopped the snoring albeit for a short while! But my worries were gone after that episode wondering if my bump could hear or not!!!! It was definitely a moment thing!!!!!

Cant wait to meet you baba :) Min dae!!!!!!!!

Tamara said...

Paula , I know you have 3 girls but at least leave some options open for my little girl too ! :D