Wednesday, April 29, 2009

RIP sweet angel girl

Today was a very hard day for me as DH and I had to put our gorgeous bulldog Sahara to sleep. She had such bad arthritis and a failing liver. I really tried - I took her to the vet last week and paid a small fortune to get tests done but was told her liver would soon start failing and pills were given to see if her last days could be improved. Sadly there was no change - she was no longer able to walk and even stopped eating - I tried spoon feeding her and kept her warm in the house but we had to eventually decide ... when is enough enough?

We kissed her goodbye at the vet and walked out before he injected her ... it was just too painful to watch. Needless to say I have been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster today.

May you find all the happiness and freedom from pain in doggy heaven that you so deserve my girl and remember that you will always be in our hearts - now you and Smudge can play together again.

Smudge - pls look after my bullie

Below my two furbaby angels - Smudge and Sahara

5 comments:

Evelyn said...

I am so sorry Hope. She is in a better place now, probably getting her tummy rubbed and getting kissed all over by Smudge!

Tamara said...

I am so sorry my friend :(

Hugs xxx

Nikki said...

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS))))

Nix
XOXOXOX

Chez said...

Shame baby dol, I feel your loss, I know what it's like and some days are going to be harder than others. Keep your chin up. Our thoughts and prayers are with you through this difficult time!
xxxx

J said...

So sorry for your loss.

xxx