Monday, February 2, 2009

Nursery Dilemma?

I've been worrying a little bit about the nursery because our house has been on the market for the last 1.5 years and although as yet (due to a terrible market) we have not sold, that bitch Murphey's Law will probably have someone waltz in when I'm 8 months pregnant and fall in love with it. This leaves me with the dilemma of painting out baby's room. I am soooo itching to start painting but it just seems everything is on hold because of the house. I spoke to Oli to perhaps take it off the market for the duration of my pregnancy up until baby is at least 6 months old and his theory is that its been on the market so long nothing is going to happen... [insert dark ominous music here] ....

Anyway I think I may just throw caution to the wind and buy the paint this weekend - I want to get started and I'm sick and tired of sitting around on my fat ass doing nothing. I honestly don't even feel like we're expecting a baby - Morgan's room was already painted by this stage. I have so many cute little things from when Morgan was a baby including her baby chairs, camp cot, pram and lots of little toys. What I need is a baby bath, a chest of drawers and some cupboards since this particular room has no built in cupboards believe it or not. At the beginning of the pregnancy I told O that I had the campcot so wouldn't bother with a cot since Morgan's cot was badly damaged by her super powers when she was small - chewing all the paint off the sides, hurdling over the railings when she did not want to sleep, or rattling it like a cage until the screws popped out... so all this action totally bent the mechanisms and coupled with our big move the whole cot finally gave up the ghost and is really only good for firewood right now.

MUGSHOT OF PERPETRATOR BELOW:
(Spot the Halo!!)

I guess that's what you get for buying cheap cots. I have, of course, since changed my mind about getting a cot since I want baby's room to look beautiful and I get so much pleasure in decorating it. I really need to shop around but what I am looking for this time is a cot that doubles as a small bed for when baby grows out of it - that way its not money wasted on something that's only going to be used for 2 years (if that).
I have yet to come up with a theme and have done absolutely no shopping around to get ideas. Why do I feel like time is closing in on me when I am not even halfway yet? I guess its because I know how uncomfortable the last few months can be and I don't want to be worrying about it then. [Note to self - start googling themes for little boys - pronto] [ps.... and names]

I have some pictures below on the current state of the "nursery" and since it is such a big room I am contemplating keeping the queen size bed in there so I don't disturb O in the early days when I wake up to do feeds - such a nice idea right? Then again this all depends on where the cupboards are going - they will probably be free-standing since O does not want to put money into the house if we are selling. Oooohhh so much to plan - its driving me a little batty...


Rocking Chair, Doughnut and Breast Feeding Cushion


Morgan's early baby toys


Camp Cot and Basic Pram


2 Car chairs and some of Morgans Baby Clothes suitable for a little boy

2 comments:

Martie xxx said...

Wowwee, so many nice things! You are really prepared! I was/am the same. I would rather get things ready now and rest the last bit and take things easy. PLUS it kills time! AND I HATE WAITING!! I say go ahead and paint! If the house sells - great, do another nursery! ;-) I LOVE the rocking chair! I am loking for one like that, but being in East London...no comment... Good luck with the room and have fun! lol, the purpetrator is too cute!

Martie xxx said...

Oh, I forgot to add...your tummy pics look great!!! Martie