Sunday, February 22, 2009

20 Week Ultrasound Today

On Saturday we took Morgan to her school function (picnic/braai) and met the other parents but in all honesty I wanted to faint the whole time. The temp was around 33/34 deg and there was not even the slightest hint of a breeze. We snuck out with another set of parents before anybody else and headed straight for Shelly Centre for a movie.... Wow!! when we walked into the shopping centre it was like walking into a fridge - what a pleasure!! Sadly, the movie was total waste of time. As usual Oli got his way and we watched an action called "Killshot" with Mickey Rourke.. the biggest load of crap I've seen in a very long time. My choice was going to be "He's just not that into you" which I know would have been a good show but he's promised to take me to a movie sometime now during the week so I'm certainly going to cash in on that promise!!

This afternoon I have my 20 week scan and as usual I am a little nervous. I guess it just comes with the territory. I hope my little man is still growing strong and healthy and can't wait for the doctor to give me an estimate on his weight right now. As for movements, I'm still patiently waiting for a good solid kick but sometimes I think he lies right at the back for a few days because I feel such little movements and then suddenly a few days later he's back to reassure me of his presence. My girls are really jealous that they can't feel him yet and my little one kisses my belly every night before bed time - but not before asking me where he is at that point. Hopefully I will have a nice profile pic of belly bean to add tomorrow..

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Good Luck, I am sure you'll get to see lots of action. Thought last week you were 21 weeks but I was mistaken. Anyhow, enjoy the scan!!

Martie xxx said...

Good luck with your scan! I hope everything goes well! xxx

Irene said...

Thanks girls!! will keep you posted xxxxx