Monday, February 23, 2009

Pregnancy & TTC Forums

Alright ... I seem to be completely up to date now with goings on in a certain local forum that I frequent [and I speak NOT of Fertility Friend which I love]. As I have said before - I have always felt the need to watch my P's and Q's in there and could never fully relax. Always feeling like someone was watching over my shoulder while I typed...

All the ladies that have left the forum by choice or by force have been nothing but amazing!!! I do get the impression that simply being pregnant is a sin. Why then, was a pregnancy room created? Supposedly to support those who had achieved pregnancy after being on the long and painful TTC road? Yes been there done that!!! But instead it has become a prison where you are constantly monitored, on the off chance that you unintentionally offend those still TTC. I doubt very much that 90% of the ladies ttc are bitter at all but it certainly does not help having a person in charge that seems to do nothing but wallow in self-pity.

To the powers that be - try being on both sides of the fence like Mandy-Leigh for one - who has been nothing short of amazing through all her heartache - putting her pain to one side to still follow the blogs of those she considers friends - pregnant or not pregnant!! The issue awhile ago came up about "babydust" - for fuck's sakes!!!! Have some people got nothing better to do than complain about a well-intentioned remark without disecting it and finding something in that that is grossly offensive???

Bitter self-loathing will take you on a path to self-destruction. Allow those who are pregnant to bask in all its glory and shout it from the rooftops [in the confines of the pregnancy room of course] - it is their God given right! But it seems even when they are posting in what they consider to be their own personal space (i.e. their blogspots), they are being penalised??? Who is it that has such a miserable life that they feel the need to spend every waking moment looking for reasons to punish someone for being pregnant??

To all the other pregnant ladies in there that plan to stick around - MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!

As for me - I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Martie xxx said...

Hi Girl!
I know that I actually started this whole pathetic thing, but you know what, I am actually glad. Because It was about time hat it came out!!! I mean, it was ONLY a Blog issue and nothing else, and as I have said a million times, what is on your blog is your own opinion and the FOrum name was not even mentioned.

Anyway, will let you know about the new forum ASAP!
xxx

DID YOU DO THE ROOM??

Irene said...

Yes - a new forum sounds like a damn fine idea :o)

Tamara said...

AMEN !

Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Laddies!
I am still Tcc, But i dont mind any pregnant stories. I enjoy reading all your wonderful stories. It gives me hope. And infact you where there aswell. The poeple that feels affended they must get a life. I am sure if they fall pregnant, they will also want too brag about it. There is nothing wrong with bragging about a pregnancy. So ignore all that stupit comments!

Martie xxx said...

Hi Hope! Can you possibly mail me your e-mail address? Tami, Mandy, Maria and Jahni(Pixie) want to copy you in all the e-mails!

Mine is: marthie@webtime.co.za

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope,

Good for you!! I hear you on the animosity: The moment I found out I was pregnant I felt like I was relegated to one chatroom, and God forbid you stray from it or someone sees your ticker. Anyhoo, I've deleted all the b@stards from Facebook and deleted their blog threads, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!

xxx

Jahni (Pixie)

Jackie said...

I used to frequent there, but was considered an outcast because I wasnt at the "preffered" clinic!! Please dont feel that I am recruiting you, but if you want a safe place, with no patheticness, come join us at Our Precious Moments.

Tamara said...

You werent at Vitalab :)

Neither was I... I m glad someone else noticed that too :)

I m sure we will gladly accept your invitation !
I m on my way :)

Hugs xxx

Nikki said...

Hey,

I applaud you on your honesty.

I have also quit....

Nix (ex Bellindi FC)

Martie xxx said...

You sisters rule my world!!!!!

Irene said...

Thanks Ladies - and Jackie thanks a mil for the invite - I will definately come take a look there today....

Martie - will e-mail my details to you today.

take care
xxx