Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Year rolls around

I just can't get my head around how quickly the years are going by lately I mean heck I can still remember playing in the yard as a child as if it were yesterday. In fact I remember being a child for a pretty darn long time yet my adult years have flown by so fast I have so many missing gaps. I can only assume it has to do with the fact that everything is so incredibly fast paced these days - there are cell phones, home PC's, internet, email, palm pilots, blackberry's, video conferencing etc etc.
What did they do all those years ago when someone left the office at 4:30 - 5pm to go home? No cell phones, no email no nothing so you went home, relaxed and spent good quality time with the family with absolutely no interruptions. The whole world turned slower because we had the time to stop and smell the roses and I honestly miss my childhood more than you'll know. If I could do this whole thing over I would have had my children 30 years ago so they too could play in the parks, ride bikes or rollerskate on the streets until dark, invent games outdoors as there would be no TV - but their childhood will flash by them at the blink of an eye as we all try desperately hard to stay on this fast spinning merry-go-round. *sigh* Can somebody please show me where the pause button is - if only for a day or even an hour?

Christmas too went by in a flash but fun was had by all. It was great spending it in Jhb with my family for a change and I must say we really had a good time. I seem to be still recovering from the whole Christmas and New Year thing because I am constantly tired and just can't seem to get enough sleep. I probably need a booster shot or something. As for New Years Resolutions I won't be making any even though I intend to start and stick to a diet - it will not be a resolution but a goal that I will try my absolute best to follow to on a day to day basis. I also intend to stop smoking - yes I hate it - I hate how it turns me into a needy addict whenever I think I have run out but again this is nobody's business but my own - I don't need the added pressure thank you very much. I also want to start appreciating and pampering the woman inside me as somewhere along the way she got left behind and mom and wife took charge - she is my essence and was a long long time before the other two roles came in to play.

On that note this mommy has another stressful week ahead organising back-to-school goodies for the kids - once again the woman inside must wait...

No comments: