Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Getting the show on the road

Wow - my tummy is really popping out now and its so hard. I need to take a picture this week and post it. I also need to find a photographer close by that will take some tasteful belly pictures for me. My little man already has his periods of activity and rest and it seems he's a late sleeper because in the morning he is very quiet until about 9am/10am and then the party gets started. It could also be that by then he has had his breakfast and juice so batteries are recharged. He sleeps again for quite a while in the afternoons and then normally wakes around 4:30pm and generally stays awake until after I have struggled to fall asleep (due to punches and kicks etc).

I found out from Margate Netcare the other day that their 3D/4D scanning machine only prints pictures and they are NOT able to put it on video or dvd?? Well you can just imagine my disappointment. But I guess when its a free service you just don't get what you want. I have decided to go on Saturday 28th March (I will be 25 weeks) with the kids and Oli and just hope I can get a good picture of the face and then I will also go to someone else a couple of weeks later who can video the whole scan.
Yesterday I called the same lady who did my 3D when I was 18 weeks and unfortunately she will not be coming to the coast around the time I need her to do my 26-32 week 3D so she gave me some other suggestions. One being to call Netcare Storksnest in Imhlanga so I called them yesterday afternoon and their prices are pretty reasonable (R250) plus they do a full DVD of the scan too (extra R15) - Yipppeee!
I booked it for 15 April when I will be 27weeks and I am so excited I can hardly contain myself because I have planned a lot around that appointment. Firstly I told Oli he HAS TO take that day off work and take me the one and half hours to Durban and we will make a day of it because I have been needing to go do shopping at a decent mall for baby so Gateway is where we will go. I have heard that Babies r Us is huge there so all the things I can't find here (cots, bedding, bath with stand) I will try get on that day from Gateway.

I am feeling a lot more positive just after those few arrangements because I finally feel like things are happening with baby's room. To top that off even more exciting news!!!! Shhhhh - but I know when Im having my stork party and it'll be on Saturday 18th April - a month away!! I know I should have booked going to Durban AFTER the stork party but we won't have the money or the space to buy everything we need on one shopping trip so I am more than happy to go back there again at a later date to get all my little odds and ends that I still need.

As for babies room - yes I'm afraid I have decided to change the wall colour YET AGAIN! This time I am very happy with the blue colour at the bottom but the more I look at the top colour the more gray it becomes and the more the room looks like a cold prison cell. Baby will be coming in winter and the room is North facing so we want some warmth in there. I found the soft cream colour I was looking for and have also found a reputable painter recommended by my local hardware. I will be fetching him on Saturday morning and let him do the job and finish it for once and for all instead of me piss-assing around trying to take on every single chore that has to do with baby's room - yes finally I admit it I AM SIMPLY NOT CAPABABLE ANYMORE - I. NEED. HELP - in fact I WELCOME IT!! [um...btw.. that took herculean effort to admit]..
I have also decided to go with a teddy bear theme for the room since I can't stand trains, planes and automobiles and I despise Bob the Builder!! The problem is that every shop that sells the wallpaper strip only has Winnie the Pooh!!! shit - even Babies r Us in Gateway!! WTF is wrong with these people?? Does nobody out there have ANY new ideas?? I HAD Winnie the Pooh for Morgan 6 years ago and nothing has changed! *sigh* Well I decided to give Game in Gateway a chance to prove themselves first so I'll take a look what they have and if they don't have what i want I will have to settle for my original choice from a catalogue in Game Margate - wait for it .. R270 for 4 metres (and I probably need 3 rolls)!! Quite ridiculous but worth it since Im not prepared to settle for something I don't want.... and sorry but stencilling (although appealing [insert sarcasm here]) is just not gonna happen since I fear I am a complete perfectionist and anything less than professional looking just won't do for my special little boy!!!

We move on to names and for some reason I am starting to panic a little since I am still struggling to come up with anything that we both totally love. So far my short list (still prowling however so this list may still grow considerably)

I love the name Alexander as a middle name - but to convince Oli - anyway moving onward here is my list so far:

Connor Alexander Broome
Corbin Alexander ....
Deacon [you get the picture]
Murray ....
Preston....
Sloane....
Travis
Micah (pronounced Mee-kah)
Trey...
Kellan....

P.S (I love the name Chase but put together with Broome the poor lil' guy will spend his life warding off sick humour directed at that unfortunate combination)..

Anyway - here I thought this was going to be a quick post but I got carried away I guess - all I have left to say is that i can't wait for my check-up with gynae on Monday so I can see how my little star has grown..!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Irene

Beautiful names! But I like Connor & Trey the best....

Anonymous said...

Our little man is Tre' Luke. Connor is an awesome name too!

Martie xxx said...

Hi! So glad you finally decided that the preggo mommy should rest and not paint! xxx

Our boy was going to be called Connor, but we found a different name. Connor is stunning, but i really like Micah. Very nice!

Cant believe time is flying hey! WOW! Here in our one horse town EL we have a shop called wallpaperinn and you can check out their site:http://www.wallpaperinn.co.za/

Click on nursery on the left or kids or even on the main site on some links. Maybe you can get from them. They have loads!

Cant wait for the belly pic! xxx